UK Ancestry Clearance
The United Kingdom Ancestral Visa is for Commonwealth citizens with a grandparent born in the United Kingdom and Islands.
You will qualify if you can show that:
- you are a Commonwealth citizen
- you are aged 17 or over
- you have a grandparent who was born in the UK, the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man (see note below)
- you have a grandparent who was born in what is now the Republic of Ireland before 31 March 1922 (see note below)
- you are able to work and intend to do so in the UK, and
- you can support yourself and any dependants without needing any help from public funds.
You do not need a work permit and if you arrive with a UK Ancestry visa, you will have permission to stay for five years. After five years, you will be able to apply to live here permanently provided you still meet the requirements for United Kingdom ancestry and you have worked continuously in the United Kingdom.